Keep the UC ministry strong through your gifts
By clicking on the link below, you will be directed to our PayPal donations page where you can contribute online through PayPal.
We appreciate your offering.
Your Gift Keeps the UC Ministry Vibrant!
“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
(2 Cor. 9:12-15)
The Pandemic has greatly impacted everyone and yet the UC has continued to thrive through the fall semester! We have continued to meet each week on Wednesday evenings with 70-90 students together in person each week. A core component of our work has been to celebrate smaller HUDl groups. These students meet in groups of 4-5 on a weekly basis for prayer and Bible study. We were able to successfully and safely celebrate Fall Retreat at Burnt Cabin Christian Camp in October! We are committed to continuing this ministry level into the spring 2022 semester.
Each year, as a campus ministry, we come to you, our extended UC family, to humbly request support for the next 12 months as we continue in this great work together. Because of your support and prayers, the University Center is able to sustain a very strong and dedicated staff that whole-heartedly focuses on the OSU campus
This year your financial support will keep the UC Story strong through:
• A Full Time Campus Minister: Monty Daffern has been the Director of the UC since 1994. He has a deep passion and love for Christ and sharing His love with college students each day.
• A Campus Ministry Graduate Apprenticeship: Barry Bachman currently serves as our campus minister while pursuing graduate Bible studies. He is dedicated to deepening his understanding of working in campus ministry every day!
• UC Interns: Students from within the UC student body serve as our student interns. We have interns who are devoted to our upper and underclassmen men and women, to international student outreach, to service projects, and to creating great informational videos and social media communication.
• Provide a UC Secretary: Shawna Diel serves as our UC secretary and office manager. We are blessed to have her on the UC team as she helps with the daily needs of the UC.
• Small Group Bible Studies: UC students are able to share in small, Biblically-centered small groups called Huddle Groups. These groups meet weekly in study, prayer and encouragement.
• Celebrate Recovery Small Groups: UC students are able to share together in quiet and confidential step studies through the Celebrate Recovery Ministry as they are freed from addictions, depression, bad habits, and personal struggles.
• Praise Service: Share a Wednesday night college worship service.
• Student Retreats: Student-focused weekend retreats including a Welcome Retreat, an all-student Fall Retreat, a Ladies and Mens Retreat, and an all-student Spring Retreat.
• Teaching students the Word of God through recorded lessons on our UCatOKState YouTube channel each semester.
• Sharing the gospel with International Students: UC students are reading the Bible one-on-one with international students using Zoom and Friends Speak through work coordinated through our int’l ministry outreach.
During the next two months we are inviting you to help support the Center for the coming year. Our financial goal for this year is to raise $100,000 through your combined gifts of many parents, alumni, and friends of the University Center throughout the nation.
We ask you to prayerfully consider financially supporting the Center through the following options:
• A one-time annual gift of an amount that you choose to provide support for the UC work.
• Pledge to give a monthly amount to the Center ministry. This can be achieved through a monthly bank draft form or we can send an envelope each month for you to return.
This is a very popular donation method from our recent alumni. It is an Autodraft Bank Draft Form. Simply click on the link, print out the pdf form, fill it out and mail it to:
Church of Christ
821 N. Duck St.
Stillwater, OK 74057
Students can click on the above link to make payments for Retreats, T-shirts, Banquets or Mission Trips through PayPal.